Certificate Installation Question - Java (Newbie)

Technical questions relating to the iVeri WebService integration
StephenBooysen

Fri May 13, 2016 7:06 am

Hi guys,

We recently had to renew a certificate, but I think the process will be the same for a new certificate.

Current setup
- Java
- Webservices implementation
- Ubuntu 15

We attempted to use the Iveri client (java) to renew the certificate. Unfortunately this timed out and the call center told me to rather use the portal to issue and retrieve the certificate.

I was able to to issue a new certificate. But from here it gets a bit vague and this is where the newbie thing comes in.

Please can you advise on the following steps on installing the certificate (new/renewed)

1. In then Nedsure Portal, navigate to the certificate that has been renewed and download all 3 (root, intermediate, p12)
2. Do we combine all the certificates using $ openssl pkcs12 -in elemxxx.Root .cert -out iveri.keys?
3. Is the intermediate certificate combined with the root certificate?
4. Is the p12 certificate combined with with root and intermediate?
5. After the combination of the certs do we use openssl above to generate a file called iVeri.keys? (case sensitive?)
6. Does the file only need to be copied to /usr/lib/jvm/{java version}/jre/lib/iveri/security/iVeri.keys?
7. Update the engineering to specify the new certificate id for the requests to Iveri

It appears, from the call center, that I dont have to use the iveryclient at all, including the installation of the certificate. Is this true?

Thanks guys, apologies for the low level questions but I want to ensure a repeatable stable process

Stephen Booysen
samora

Mon May 16, 2016 11:22 am

What is the version of iVeri Client that you are making use of?
- Webservices implementation
Since you are making use of the iVeri Webservice, can you please confirm you service endpoint?
StephenBooysen

Mon May 16, 2016 12:24 pm

What is the version of iVeri Client that you are making use of?
The certificates were initially downloaded using iVeriClient243.jar on our QA servers but I believe that when using webservices the iVeriClient becomes irrelevant?
Since you are making use of the iVeri Webservice, can you please confirm you service endpoint?
https://portal.nedsecure.co.za/iVeriWeb ... rvice.asmx
samora

Tue May 17, 2016 8:50 am

StephenBooysen wrote:
The certificates were initially downloaded using iVeriClient243.jar on our QA servers but I believe that when using webservices the iVeriClient becomes irrelevant?

https://portal.nedsecure.co.za/iVeriWeb ... rvice.asmx
Correct. You can request for a new certificate in Backoffice.
StephenBooysen

Tue May 17, 2016 11:03 am

Thanks that is great.

Can you please provide in detail the process of retrieving and the certificates and installing them on an ubuntu server?

Stephen
samora

Tue May 17, 2016 1:59 pm

StephenBooysen wrote:Thanks that is great.

Can you please provide in detail the process of retrieving and the certificates and installing them on an ubuntu server?

Stephen
Stephan, there is no specific way of installing these certificates for webservices. You need to store it in a place where you can access it from your code, provided that you are pass it on the connection string.